*

website statistics

Monday, January 4, 2010

Still working on the real post....

I spent some time working on my post on food but it will not be ready until sometime tomorrow. So, please smile at this; Hey, you won't smile at the food post.



Forgive me. I know; I know. It's just a baby picture.

And yet I love the way this little girl is so obviously interested in the puzzle on which her grandmother is working. The little girl went to the doctor for her check-up earlier in the day and the doctor said, "This kid is bright." I'd say he was a bright doctor, very observant.

Note: If you have a SLR digital camera, or any camera that allows the setting of the f/stop, use a large one. Something like f/2 or f/2.8 would be good with a 28mm lens. This will help to throw the background out of focus. I am using a simple, old point and shoot and so do not have this control. I must take what the camera gives me and that is far too much depth of field.

Before shooting this picture I turned off the incandescent ceiling light to prevent having a yellow cast staining the image. I also wiped the little girl's mouth as she is quite into bubble blowing and it does not add to her carefully managed image.

Cheers,
Ken (Rockinon)

No comments:

Post a Comment