*

Saturday, November 9, 2013

▶ Alvin Lee, the blues and upcoming heart surgery

▶ Alvin Lee(Ten Years After) - The Bluest Blues - Vidéo Dailymotion
To hear Alvin Lee, click the link and be patient. This loaded slowly on my computer.

I'm going into the hospital in mid-December. I must have ablation surgery to put an end to the arrhythmia that has affected my heart for the past few month. I'm getting a little tired of doctors working on the old ticker. It's beginning to wear on my nerves. I'm looking forward to life without the arrhythmia but I am not looking forward to the ablation, the physical destruction of the electrical pathway that carries the flutter signal.

Trying to take my mind off the upcoming surgery I decided to listen to some old rock artists. I started with Lou Reed, worked into Savoy Brown and continued on to Alvin Lee of Ten Years After fame. I learned that Alvin Lee died this spring in Spain of complications from surgery to correct an arrhythmia.

So much for taking my mind off my upcoming surgery. Oh well . . . best just to listen to Alvin Lee and rejoice in his life. The man played a great blues guitar.

1 comment:

  1. 'It's the bluest blues and I can't find my way back home". Something like that might have been a problem for Alvin Lee, but what has it got to do with you?

    Just be as healthy as you can be before you go in to hospital. Think about your friends, the ones who love you, and about your favourite things.

    And stop listening to depressing music. Try this song sung by Sarah Vaughan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dusavln6Cjw

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete