*

website statistics

Monday, December 28, 2009

I've Got A Girl Name Of Rama Lama Lama Lama Ding Dong

Sometimes the best gifts don't arrive at Christmas. Fiona arrived almost four months but I'm sure she made her mom and dad's Christmas the best ever. Make no mistake, a healthy, happy baby clearing every developmental hurdle right on cue is an absolutely priceless gift.

Fiona now holds her head up, smiles when seated at the table and laughs with enthusiasm. She imitates sounds; grandma taught her how to roll her r's. I think she is quite the bright little girl, even if she has shown a fondness for '50s and '60s doo-wop.

My wife can get some very nice smiles with a soft rendition of Who Put The Bop In The Bop Shoo Bop Shoo Bop by the Platters and I do nicely with I've Got A Girl Name Of Rama Lama Ding Dong.



But, before you damn me for my taste in music and for the irreparable damage I'm inflicting on this child, I am also sharing my art collection with her, as simple as my collection may be. The kid's got good taste and has learned to seek solace in viewing beautiful works of art and letting the beauty push life's irritations aside.

I do hope doo-wop isn't one of her life's irritations.

Update: At seven-months the little baby can really dance. She is quite partial to the sax in the middle of the Del Vikings song Come Go With Me.

It is usually night when my wife and I babysit. If we have her during the day, I'll try and shoot a video of her groovin' to doo-wop. Oh well, for now please enjoy the Del Vikings.

>>

No comments:

Post a Comment