*

website statistics

Monday, December 14, 2009

Layoff Rumours

Yesterday I had my greatest number of hits. (Just goes to show if you've got some news, you've got gold. My Rockinon blogs themselves racked up hundred and hundreds of hits from all over Canada and my other endeavours went easily into the three digits, too.) For a few names and a goodbye to those talented people leaving the paper go to this link.

I assume that many of the Rockinon hits were from people who work for Sun Media / Quebecor and were either facing or fearing layoffs.

I am hearing stuff but few want to be specific. This morning I got this e-mail:

"I've heard you can add at least Simcoe and Brantford to the list too. Sad."

If you can add anything to this story, please drop me an e-mail. I'm not a paper but a blogger. I love anonymous.

And if you see errors, please let me know. I love editors and with the Internet everyone is a potential editor, catching errors and omissions. Someone caught a big one for me yesterday and I thank them. There were, and are, good reasons why newspapers once had so many editors.

If you haven't done so already, read my post "Vulgarians" and hit the link to the interview with Harold Evans that ran in The Globe and Mail.

Cheers,
Rockinon

p.s. Someday I'll talk about retirement and living on less than half the income that I once enjoyed. And I'll even give a few kudos to The London Free Press and to even Sun Media and Quebecor.

No comments:

Post a Comment